Community Mobilisation Against Aurora Seismic Survey Threat
Aurora Energy Resources are trying to carry out 3D seismic surveying. Landowners are being bullied into allowing these test to take place on their land, as refusing access would result in high court action, sanctioned by the Secretary of State.
The survey will be carried out by TESLA Exploration International and could begin within the next two weeks. The work is expected to take four to six weeks but must be finished by 15th August.
A provisional timetable has been received from Lancashire County Council:
- Marking out of survey lines – commence 28th June
- Augering / drilling and pre charging of shot points – commence 2nd July
- Layout of recording nodes – commence 19th July
- Data acquisition (shot point firing and vibroseis works – commence 26th July
- All works to be completed by 13th August
Over 250 resident and farmers attended a series of Public Meetings in the area. The meetings were very well attended with standing room only!
Get in touch with Halsall Against Fracking
Download and spread awareness about the threat with this flyer.
An organised community is THE best defence against the Fracking industry. Get our step-by-step guides and start planning an effective Anti-Fracking campaign where you live here…