Norfolk At Risk From Frack Sand Mining
UK Frack Sand Sites
The British Geological Survey (BGS) has already identified the locations of the most suitable fracking sand in the UK. See the full presentation
- Sandringham Sand Formation (Norfolk) >>Consultation Open Until 21st Dec<<
- Woburn Sand Formation (Bedfordshire)
- Folkestone Formation (Surrey & Kent)
- Chelford & Congleton Sands (Cheshire)
- Wind blown sand (North Lincolnshire)
Norfolk County Council Consulting On Silica Mining
Significantly this council is updating it’s Minerals Plan and the Sandringham Formation is the first of the areas with frac sand potential mentioned by Clive Mitchell in the BGS report. The deadline for comments on the consultation is Monday 21st December 2015.
Read about the frac sand threat (useful if commenting) here…
It is essential that the impact of fracking and it’s support industries are exposed!!!