4 Sep 2016, Wallace Monument , Robroyston, GlasgowTo mark Don’t Frack Our Land Day, part of the Our Land Festival,...
4 Sep 2016, The Riverside, WhitworthWe are having an Information Stall at the local Rushcart Celebrations, we will...
6 Sep 2016, The Cock and Magpie, WhitworthMonthly campaign meeting to discuss strategies, events and ongoing plans
21 Sep 2016, The Organic Farm Shop, CirencesterCome along and see Groundswell Rising a fracking documentary about the grassroots movement...
22 Sep 2016, Uper Masonic hall, Bradford on AvonWe will be screening the 50 minute version of “Groundswell Rising” followed by...
Tag Archives: Balcombe
In 1986 energy company Conoco drilled a conventional exploration well on the Lower Stumble site situated half a mile from Balcombe village. With the advent of high volume hydraulic fracturing, Unconventional Gas Exploration company Cuadrilla Resources returned to the site […]
An Emeritus Professor of Geophysics at Glasgow university recently criticised Cuadrilla’s operations at Balcombe, stating that the company’s knowledge is “inadequate for purpose required”. The company’s drilling plans are also based on “insecure” geological interpretations, ignore relevant underground faults and […]
- Cuadrilla drilling tight oil well in Balcombe
- Similar to Bakken Shale in North Dakota
- Claim well ‘unlikely’ to go into production
- No one is celebrating with good reason
- Battle not just about this particular well
- Threat of thousands to follow real concern
- Potentially 300 within 5 miles of Balcombe
- Balcombe well will provide data to Cuadrilla
- Allowing them to get more investment
- They have no intention of producing anything
- Plan to prove viable, sellout to larger company
- With enough resistance can be made unviable
- Wherever they try to drill, community must resist
Fracking company Cuadrilla Resources are trying to start drilling in Balcombe, West Sussex and the community is trying to stop them. Updates: Day 12, Day 11, Day 10, Day 9, Day 8, Day 7, Day 6, Day 5, Day 4, […]
- Fracking threatening Sussex countryside
- Cuadrilla have licences for 270 square miles
- Planning permission to drill in Balcombe
- Targeting layer within Kimmeridge Clay
- Analogous to Bakken Shale in North Dakota
- Would need thousands of wells to extract oil
- Same severe impacts as in US and Australia
- Villagers getting organised to resist invasion
- Cuadrilla is trying to push ahead regardless
- Need permits to start, but could be soon
Cuadrilla boss Mark Miller received a tongue lashing at a public meeting in Balcombe, West Sussex, last night. 300 people – including 100 standing – packed Balcombe’s Victory hall to hear the Cuadrilla CEO expound on the company’s controversial Hydraulic […]