Monthly Archives: May 2014
Increased activity at Rathlin Energy Crawberry Hill fracking site with large numbers of tankers and police to protect them. See below for more photos.
- New British Geological Survey (BGS) Report
- 4.4 billion barrels of shale oil under South East
- But only very small percentage can be exploited
- Typical 4% would mean 176 million barrels
- Only 4 months of present UK oil consumption
- Would require 1,400 wells drilled to extract
- Even 10% would only be 10 months of oil
- Would require 3,500 wells drilled to extract
- Despite this massive push to exploit it likely
- Desperate scramble to profit from last oil in UK
- Kimmeridge Clay said to contain most shale oil
- Similar to the Bakken Shale in North Dakota
- Toxic nightmare threatens Sussex and Kent
- Communities are getting organised to resist
People have been continuing to set up a camp at the Crawberry Hill fracking site to resist Rathlin Energy. See below for more photos.
Another great day on camp setup by the local community on the site where Dart want to construct a pad. See below for more photos.
A camp has been setup by the local community on the site where Dart want to construct a pad. See below for more photos.