29 May 2019, 7:15 pm | Gosforth Lodge, Cliffe Park, Callywhite Lane, Dronfield S18 2XP, UKCADAF holds public meetings, normally on the last Wednesday of each month, at...
4 June 2019, 7:30 pm | Central United Reformed Church, 60 Norfolk Street, Sheffield S1 2JB, UKJoin campaigners and activists, bakers and makers, in a monthly meeting to organise...
10 June 2019, 7:00 pm | Lincolnshire Poacher 161-163 Mansfield Road, Nottingham NG1 3FR, UKIGas (fracking company) is now drilling 2 wells (1 vertical, 1 horizontal) 24/7...
26 June 2019, 7:15 pm | Gosforth Lodge, Cliffe Park, Callywhite Lane, Dronfield S18 2XP, UKCADAF holds public meetings, normally on the last Wednesday of each month, at...
8 July 2019, 7:00 pm | Lincolnshire Poacher 161-163 Mansfield Road, Nottingham NG1 3FR, UKIGas (fracking company) is now drilling 2 wells (1 vertical, 1 horizontal) 24/7...
Monthly Archives: September 2012
After a combative stand off between residents of Fullerton Cove, Australia and gas company Dart Energy, the company has been forced to stop drilling. Dart – which also recently applied for planning permission to drill 22 new wells in Airth, Scotland, lost an injunction to drill for Coal Bed Methane until a full legal challenge has […]
- First application for unconventional gas production in UK
- Submitted by Dart Energy in Falkirk And Stirling
- 14 new and 2 existing well sites
- 22 new coal bed methane wells
- About 20 km of pipelines
- 1 waste outfall into Firth of Forth
- 1 gas processing facility
- Plans for up to 600 more wells in area
- Beginning of massive attach on countryside
Environment Agency Exempt Cuadrilla From Permit Licence The Environment Agency (EA) has rolled over and granted Cuadrilla permission to move the 18,000 gallons of radioactive flowback sludge that has been stored at Preece Hall, following fracking activity there last year. The sludge was too radioactive to move under current EA regulations. Those same regulations still […]
The House of Lords is emerging as a powerful pro-fracking advocate inside government. Three Lords – Lord Green, Lord Howell and Lord Browne – and one Baroness – Baroness Hogg – each have financial interests in the fracking industry. And each holds either ministerial or executive rank at some of Whitehall’s most powerful departments: the […]
- Shale being promoted as an economic miracle
- It is claimed to have reduced US energy prices and carbon emissions
- In reality this has all been caused by the economic crisis
- Drop in demand reduced US coal and oil consumption by 10%
- Coal and oil redirected through world market to countries like China
- No world market for gas so US gas prices dropped instead
- Shale gas production costs are way above present prices, which must rise eventually
- Exploitation of shale is a sign of desperation
- Shale will only ever provide small amounts of expensive and dangerous energy
Is Cuadrilla Resources – the UK’s first fracking company – running short of ready cash? A report by part-owner AJ Lucas shows Cuadrilla has spent $88m on developing its sites in Lancashire and Sussex (p 187). This is $5m more than the company raised in 2010, when Riverstone (chaired by Cabinet Office executive Lord Browne), […]
Shares in Cuadrilla part-owner AJ Lucas have slumped almost 50% after company documents revealed it had an unpaid $40m AUS tax bill. In a announcement to the Australian stock exchange AJ Lucas notes that a ‘funding shortfall’ together with a “significant reduction in cash flow … has resulted in the Company not being able to […]
The plot below shows a clear correlation between Cuadrillas fracking operations at Preese Hall Lancashire and sesimic activity in the area. The small circles are seismic events. By looking at the right hand axes you can see their size. The blue line shows the volume of water and chemicals injected into the well and out […]