A first step
Very few people in the UK know anything about fracking and most of those that do have only heard the corporate media’s version of the issue. Please help spread the word. Tell everyone you know and point them to this website – you can use the social media links at the bottom of this page. Perhaps you could organise a fracking film night in your area. Can you think of other creative ways of spreading the message?
Unfortunately stopping fracking is unlikely to be enough to stop the headlong plunge we are taking into the world of extreme energy and the resulting misery that will follow. Too many powerful interests are involved in profiting from this course of action, while the rest of us suffer the consequences. However if we can rally enough people who are committed to changing the future for the better then we can make a difference.
Please sign up for our updates above (or check back to this website regularly) so you can find out about anything that is happening.
But don’t wait for someone else to kick things off. Get organised in your local area. Find other people who who feel the same way you do and start working together. If you let us know what you are up to, we can help you spread the word.
- Organise a screening of Gasland in your area
- Start a local anti-fracking group
- Organise a public meeting about fracking
- Get some direct action training (see below)
- Visit your closest fracking site
- Organise a demo at the headquarters of fracking company
- Find out everything you can about everyone involved; the investors, the heads of the companies, the advocates: the who, the where, then what and the when. If you think you know something we should – please tell us. The more info we all have, the better.
- Study other movements for ideas (recent movements like Climate Camp and UK Uncut may inspire you).