- Newcastle based UCG company collapses
- Despite £1 billion in loan guarantees
- Could not find backers after 8 years
- Big victory for communities UK-wide
- Made UCG brand as toxic as its reality
- Rebrand as “deep gas winning” failed
- Licences will be picked up by others
- But sets precedent, industry can be beaten
- Shows fragility of fracking industry
- Shale industry in US also in chaos
- Fracking can be starved of investment
- Community resistance key to success
24 Oct 2016Despite thousands of objections and sustained local and national pressure, Third Energy have...
4 Nov 2016, Bridgwater Arts Centre, BridgwaterFrack Free EQS (Exmoor-Quantock-Sedgemoor) are a recently formed community action group dedicated to...
8 Nov 2016, The Crescent Community Venue, York, YorkFilm showing, followed by a Q and A with the exec producer. Free...
12 Nov 2016Minibus/coach picking up from Warminster/Westbury/Bradford on Avon. Cost @ £25. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
12 Nov 2016, Piccadilly Gardens, ManchesterMassive NATIONAL Anti-Fracking Solidarity Demo. We need to show the government and the...