- Newcastle based UCG company collapses
- Despite £1 billion in loan guarantees
- Could not find backers after 8 years
- Big victory for communities UK-wide
- Made UCG brand as toxic as its reality
- Rebrand as “deep gas winning” failed
- Licences will be picked up by others
- But sets precedent, industry can be beaten
- Shows fragility of fracking industry
- Shale industry in US also in chaos
- Fracking can be starved of investment
- Community resistance key to success
30 Aug 2016, The Coven, WiganMeeting to plan for our stall at The Wigan Diggers Festival, and to...
4 Sep 2016, Wallace Monument , Robroyston, GlasgowTo mark Don’t Frack Our Land Day, part of the Our Land Festival,...
4 Sep 2016, The Riverside, WhitworthWe are having an Information Stall at the local Rushcart Celebrations, we will...
6 Sep 2016, The Cock and Magpie, WhitworthMonthly campaign meeting to discuss strategies, events and ongoing plans
6 Sep 2016, Green Fish Resource Centre, ManchesterMonthly planning meeting to prep for Wigan Diggers Festival with Frack Free Wigan...